Technocratic Party of America Forums

Don't forget to log in if you're a member.
If you're not a member gtfo

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Don't forget to log in if you're a member.
If you're not a member gtfo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the Technocratic Party of America

5 posters

The Gnaeus Capture Cross Newspaper Event!

Shinybluepope
    Shinybluepope
    Admin

The Gnaeus Capture Cross Newspaper Event! Empty The Gnaeus Capture Cross Newspaper Event!

Post  Shinybluepope Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:28 pm

This is Christofer McCollum's idea that he presented over IRC. The idea is that we will do a mini series with different episodes going across different party members' newspapers. The premise of this particular series will be the abduction of Gnaeus, our beloved former PP and current party congress man.

The first episode will be written by Christofer himself. It will describe Gnaeus' sudden missing status. The next episode will deal with Gnaeus' apparent capture. The rest are up for discussion here but I am thinking a plea from Gnaeus for freedom, our forces being sent to free him, the enemy garnering defenses, and the eventual liberation of Gnaeus from the clutches of our to be named enemy.

Thoughts? Want to participate? Post now!
    Christopher McCollum

The Gnaeus Capture Cross Newspaper Event! Empty Re: The Gnaeus Capture Cross Newspaper Event!

Post  Christopher McCollum Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Posted Now, well a while ago.

Who ever thought of an idea this brilliant idea must be a genius!

I am open to anything!
    Shinybluepope
    Shinybluepope
    Admin

The Gnaeus Capture Cross Newspaper Event! Empty Re: The Gnaeus Capture Cross Newspaper Event!

Post  Shinybluepope Sat May 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Maybe the villains who kidnap Gnaeus could be some botnet. Then we could do photoshops of Terminators running around everywhere.
    Jackson D'Ville

Post  Jackson D'Ville Sat May 01, 2010 9:10 pm

I like it...don't know what it is...but I like it!
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Admin

Post  Incognito Sat May 01, 2010 11:31 pm

I have no idea who would kidnap Gnaeus. And just so you know, the Gnaeus sounding voice calling for help from my closet is just a decoy some villain put there to throw you all off the scent. What ever you do, don't fall for the decoy, do not look in my closet.
    Gnaeus Progenitor
    Gnaeus Progenitor

Post  Gnaeus Progenitor Mon May 03, 2010 8:50 am

Incognito wrote:I have no idea who would kidnap Gnaeus. And just so you know, the Gnaeus sounding voice calling for help from my closet is just a decoy some villain put there to throw you all off the scent. What ever you do, don't fall for the decoy, do not look in my closet.

So we have a potential villain. Are we going to have detectives? Or will each author act as a "detective"?
    Jackson D'Ville

Post  Jackson D'Ville Tue May 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Gnaeus Progenitor wrote:So we have a potential villain. Are we going to have detectives? Or will each author act as a "detective"?

Well, there is always My Sister, cousin, and I for villains, Vegas Vickie, Dunchas McLeod, and Jackson DeVille, nice evil sounding names, kinda like Cruella DeVille my Mother.
    Shinybluepope
    Shinybluepope
    Admin

Post  Shinybluepope Wed May 05, 2010 10:36 am

As far as I am concerned, I figure everyone who wants to take a stab at this project can morph the story into what they want. You want Gnaeus to be abducted by aliens? Go for it. The next person wants the story to turn into Dumb Emma being the alien queen and directing the efforts. Awesome.

The only real rules I guess there should be:
    1. Name your article whatever you want with one exception: add on "The Gnaeus Saga Pt. X" in parenthesis to your article to ensure people viewing the news feed can connect the story. X obviously will be the number of whatever episode you are in charge of.
    2. When building off the last person's story, do not simply give a one sentence transition. Try incorporating elements from the last person's article to provide a cohesive thread. If the last person said Gnaeus was wounded somehow, try using that in your article. If the last person said trolls were responsible for the abduction and you would prefer robots being the culprits, try figuring out a way to incorporate your vision without ignoring the ideas put forth by the last person.
    3. Make sure to follow eRep's rules on vulgarity and so on. We want the articles to stay up in Erep. I myself have run into douchebag admins and can tell you they will take down the article and probably not listen to your pleas.
    4. Include these links at the end of your article to promote the party (not actually a rule but it would be nice):

Technocrat Forums: http://tinyurl.com/32qujb5
    Official Technocratic Party Newspaper: http://tinyurl.com/ykgy79v
    Technocrat IRC Channel: #techparty
    Beginner's Orientation: http://tinyurl.com/38gqv93

Chris should have his article out by the end of this week from what he tells me. Is anyone interested in writing the next installment? I can write it if no one wishes to, though I will be very busy with RL next week and probably won't have the article out until after May 14th.

Any other rules anyone think we should include?
    Christopher McCollum

The Gnaeus Capture Cross Newspaper Event! Empty Rule Idea

Post  Christopher McCollum Fri May 07, 2010 6:05 pm

I think rule 4 should be required as part of the story, this being a party project.

Rule 5 is that we should have an editor of some sort. Not to edit, but to make sure that the newly written story is interesting, spelled correctly, flows with the past parts, etc.

The reason for this is that this is a representation of the party as a whole.

It shows who is a part of the party, and if they can't write a good story, or they write a story that does not add on very well and kills the entire thing, then we should make sure that they do not give the party a bad name.

Rule 6 should be that along with Rule 4 at the end, links should be given to all the past SAGA portions.

Rule 7, there should be a format given with something along the line of:

Article

----------

Links to last story parts.

Link to party stuff.

Etc.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:21 am