Technocratic Party of America Forums

Don't forget to log in if you're a member.
If you're not a member gtfo

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Don't forget to log in if you're a member.
If you're not a member gtfo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the Technocratic Party of America

Infohazard-This paper will damage your mind

Dumb Emma
    Dumb Emma
    Admin

Infohazard-This paper will damage your mind Empty Infohazard-This paper will damage your mind

Post  Dumb Emma Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:59 pm

This is my paper. I will try to keep it current.
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/newspaper/infohazard-230689/1
    Dumb Emma
    Dumb Emma
    Admin

Infohazard-This paper will damage your mind Empty Re: Infohazard-This paper will damage your mind

Post  Dumb Emma Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:27 pm

I will also use this as a drop box for ideas.

Anyone that wants to help write a paper can do it here.

"Rough draft Version 1

The party I am in, the Bastards of Liberty, seems to be a devout anti tax party. They also seem to stand against the power players that have run this nation since time immemorial. I find it strange that I have such strong loyalty to a party that is seemingly in opposition to everything I stand for as an "elite". They often sound anti-tax, anti-establishment, anti-"elite" but the truth is they are none of these things. The Bastards of Liberty are anti-waste, anti-corruption and anti-bullshit. Does my loyalty seem so strange now? Here I shall outline a few views I have that would oppose those of my fellows if we were all taken at face value.

Taxes unfairly hurt the less active among us; So what! As far as the way a two click lifestyle goes taxes don't mean squat. Work, train, fight, rinse and repeat.
    Joined an MU? Get in the commune or do a work trade with an MU brother if you have no coomunes. Duh.
    Joined a party? Same deal. Duh.
    Too much work to write a message and ask for help? F**k you!
    Everyone is a land owner now and can self fund to a degree(much to my dislike) so I no longer give to sh!ts about taxes. I'd pay 99% and still make money on the deal so I don't see much harm there. Show me some real numbers if anyone wants to change my views on that.
    I took a vacation from eRep when my Grandma went into the hospital and when I came back everyone had companies and the eUS was getting wiped. I busted my ass setting up my businesses and now they are f**king free(DAMNIT!) so I blew every cent I had saved fighting ONE, still lost my country. I was told the screwed up taxes we have would help stop us from getting wiped again and we haven't gotten wiped again so either that plan was designed by a wizard or it was designed by someone that knows a bit more about economics than I do even after two terms in congress hearing this same bullshit. Want to argue taxes? I will resist the urge to feed trolls."

Second idea; the other side of the argument

Is just a first bit. Any ideas for additions? I need to blast a bit of politics here too though.
    When I was a senator I wasn't for or against taxes I just wanted to help protect the country the best we could in a low budget browser game. While I talked to people off the forums about lowering taxes no one could offer any actual numbers or come up with evidence low taxes wouldn't hurt us. Not even Joe Da Smoe. The last tax discussion I read through was when they were hiking them up and everything I was told about it actually happened so I was happy the country avoided another wipe. I know lots of folks want low taxes but since we don't have to pay bills in-game anymore I don't see it killing anyone.
    If you guys have any convincing numbers for the other side I can get behind that too.

"As of this posting our income tax rate is set at 25%. This is the worst form of strong-arm robbery possible perpetrated by the government and its ingrained institutions. The collection of over a quarter of our wages through this and other taxes is neither beneficial to our nation as a whole nor is it a useful strategy for the protection of our national borders. It is in fact detrimental to the progress of any player that chooses not to enslave themselves to the standing military order formed in previous versions of the game to which the majority of OUR money is funneled to.
    The power structure of the United States had been dictated to us by a combination of party-line voting blocks that have no interest in what the small players in our country really believe and as long as they tow the party line their economic interests will always be placed before those of the general eRepublik public.
    While I agree that our military force is considerable considering the population of the country it unfairly biased towards the oldest players to the detriment of new blood. Exactly how is someone supposed to advance in our country when the strongest are given the fast-track and all others are relegated to an up-hill climb? "

I think this second view is a bit more along the regular track considering the room. Understand I have only an interest in the country as a whole and neither paper is actually written yet.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:30 am